Sunday, February 19, 2012

A FRESH Start

I like the word FRESH.  Is that weird?  There's just something about it...it's...reFRESHing!  Think about it...  I remember that word striking me for the first time.  Beth Moore used it to describe her new book (at the time) "Believing God".  "A fresh explosion of faith"  Wow.  Doesn't that just sound nice?  I love the word!

Ok, anyways...

I feel like I'm off to a fresh start!  It's INCREDIBLE.  The doctor upped my dosage of antidepressant from 10 mg to 20 mg.  I honestly feel like a new person!  Who knew it could be so easy?  I was talking with my pastor's wife this morning (hi Angie!).  We'd been playing phone tag for a few days and finally caught up.  She was so encouraging and made me feel not so alone.  Wow.  She told me that what a lot of people don't understand is that if you have that chemical imbalance, you can't even BEGIN to think clearly spiritually.  I told her she was so right.  That's exactly how I felt.  I would just lay on my floor, not even knowing where to start.  I would try so hard to pray and read Scripture, but I just COULDN'T.  No words would come out, nothing made sense, I  was just so stuck.  But ever since I started taking more medicine, I can honestly think more clearly and rationally.  It's like the fog has been lifted.  Church this morning was so refreshing (there we go again!) because it actually made sense.  I could hear.  I could listen.  I could think.

The road is not finished...there's still a VERY long way to go.  I find out the results of my blood test tomorrow and will be visiting a doctor in Marysville that will hopefully really help me out with the headaches and things.  But I FINALLY feel normal again.  And you have no idea how good that feels.  :)

Love y'all...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just loved reading this reFRESHing post Sarah! Still praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post makes me happy.

    love you friend.

    ReplyDelete